Monday, September 19, 2011

It's Potato Soup Night at the Tucker's...YUMMY!!!

Since it is beginning to feel like fall more outside I felt it was time to add our favorite soups (chili and potato soup) back to our dinner rotation. So tonight is Potato Soup Night!

A while back I fell in love with the potato soup at Cheddar's and wanted to make potato soup as close to what I get at Cheddar's. I found a recipe online (can't remember what website though-- or I would link it here) and then modified it according to what one of the Cheddar's cooks (who I ran into at Kroger one day) told me they do to make it thicker. Add flour, butter and water. So I did and we got as close as I think I will ever get to Cheddar's potato soup.

Here is the recipe in case you want to try it:

Ingredients need:

8 Large Potatoes pealed and cubed (make sure they are smaller cubes - like 3/4in x 3/4in)
1 cup chopped onion
4 tablespoons butter/margarine
2 chicken bouillon cubes
2 tablespoons dry parsley flakes
6 cups water
2 cups milk
roughly 1 cup flour (mixed with between 1/4 and 1/2 cup water)
approx. 1/2 of brick of Velveeta cheese (I used Kroger brand) cubed

Directions:

Place potatoes, onion, 2tbsp butter, bouillon, parsley flakes and water(6 cups) in crock pot and cook all day on low to medium.

Approx. 1 hour before serving mix the milk and flour mixture together in bowl and then add that mixture along with 2 tbsp of butter to the crock pot. Soup will thicken and after about 30 minutes add the cubes of cheese and make sure it melts, then serve.

We topped it with shredded cheddar and bacon bits and added our own portions of salt and pepper and it was delicious!!

(This picture was taken the last time I made potato soup)


I am so looking forward to dinner tonight!!! Pictures from tonight to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment