Thursday, January 5, 2012

The craziness that is my life...

Sorry it has been so long since I last posted. A lot has happened since then. We celebrated Christmas in Ohio with my family (which was awesome---pics and a post to come in the near future), I found out that the company I was working for is downsizing and my position had been eliminated (effective immediately), and now I am studying for my PHR certification exam (which is Jan 13th) and applying for jobs as much as I can.

Yesterday was my 28th birthday... nothing different about turning 28 from when I turned 27. I did feel like a very special woman yesterday though. All the birthday wishes from friends and family on facebook, two dozen roses (1 dozen from my parents and 1 dozen from Jason), phone calls from my family singing happy birthday, a red velvet cake from my dear friend Erin and several cards. All made me feel so very special!!

Today, I have an interview at 2:30pm with Hunter Manufacturing located here in Lexington for an HR position. I am a little nervous, but pray that God will ease my nerves and allow me to be confident in my interview.

Tonight Jason and I will be going out to dinner with Chris and Erin (as we have the past few years) to celebrate Chris's birthday (today Jan 5th) and my birthday (yesterday Jan 4th). This has become a fun tradition since my family is not close by to do what we traditionally did on birthdays (go out to dinner at the birthday person's choice).

I think today will turn out to be a wonderful day... will need to put my nose to the grindstone tomorrow to get reading/studying done for the PHR exam.

Say some prayers for me today and continually that God will open doors and bless me with a job opportunity. Thank you all!!

Have a blessed day!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jonie I had no idea you lost your job until just now when I read this post! I am so sorry and I will be praying that you will find something even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had not really made it know to the world. I guess till now. Folks at church have known, but some just found out last night. I am fortunate that they are paying me for 3 weeks this month and then I get my pto cashed out at 100% in 40 hr increments (so that means some sort of paycheck till Feb 17). My former bosses have all expressed that they would give me good references and felt that I would have no problem finding a new position. I apparently give off a very confident persona to those around me. Prayers are certainly appreciated that God will open a door for me in a new job that will be even better than the last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, Jonie! Praying for you and the doors God WILL open for you and Jason! :)

    ReplyDelete