Thursday, October 20, 2011

Tomorrow is the BIG day (for Jason)...

For the last month Jason has been working on his quals. Quals = Qualification Exam to become a doctoral candidate. He has been writing his grant proposal for his project on skin cancer (it is more specific than that, but if you want to know more you will need to ask Jason because I am pretty sure all I will do is confuse you if I try) and once that was turned in to the grad school and his committee he started working on studying for the oral presentation part of his quals. This is why my kitchen table has been non existent since around the beginning of October

It now only is half covered since he has went from studying to putting together his PowerPoint slides and going through stuff from classes to make sure he is completely ready.

I know he will do perfect on this qualification exam! He is a very intelligent man and can do anything he sets his heart & mind to. Especially since with God all things are possible!! He also has the support of some very wonderful folks in his lab. He went in to the lab this morning (day before his quals) to find this on his lab bench

A goodie bag of things from one of his fellow lab mates (not sure how else to word that) Jill . She as well as many of the others in his lab have been very supportive and helpful to him throughout this process. For this I am very grateful because they are able to relate to his frustrations and such much better than I can (since I know nothing about what he is doing--I do try to understand some of it but it is definitely not my area of expertise).

So tomorrow is the BIG day and all your thoughts and prayers for Jason would be and are greatly appreciated!!



1 comment:

  1. I can relate Jo. I'm very thankful for Larry's co-workers because they are dealing with the same things and I have no idea what it's like... But I am sure Larry and Jason can relate too- so we will skype soon, once both your lives calm down. We miss you both and pray for you all often. :)

    ReplyDelete